Dallas Maids, LLC ~ by Norma C.
Keeping your glass doors and windows can be a very time-consuming task. Especially, in some specific areas of the house like the kitchen where a lot of grease is produced. That’s why you should dedicate a short period of time on a regular basis cleaning glass around the house. It will save you the huge hassle later.
Cleaning Glass Step by Step
- First of all do your research, know the glass manufacturer’s recommendations. Especially new windows, they have coatings on them sometimes and those can be damaged.
- Keep all your glass cleaning products together in a container. That will make it easier for you move everything from one space to another.
- When cleaning windows, make sure to dust the corners and frames. That will prevent from generating some mud when in contact with water. A very easy and effective way to do it is using a clean paint brush.
- To clean super dirty glass, we recommend to use warm or hot water in the kitchen area. That will help dissolve the grease without having to use so much product. Help yourself with a small scrapper to remove any hard or sticky residues.
- Ammonia-based products are always effective. You can also use DIY products made with vinegar that can also work without the overuse of chemicals.
- Use soft sponges or microfiber cloths to avoid scratching the surface.
- To dry the glass after cleaning you can use old t-shirts or cloths that are 100% cotton to avoid fuzz sticking. A good tip for drying as well is using wrinkled news paper, that won’t leave fuzz behind and help give some shine to it.
Another thing that you need to consider is finding the time to do it on a cloudy day. If freshly cleaned windows are exposed to too much light (like on a sunny day) it will cause water to dry fast and leave white stains behind.
Following these steps on a regular basis will help you maintain not only your windows but all glasses around the house including mirrors in perfect shape. You can do the job by areas, not necessarily all at once. This way, it takes less time from your daily routine.
Years of experience have taught us how to make the residential cleaning process way easier and more practical. Our experts are always working with different types of customers, which adds to our knowledge about the matter.
We assure you we are committed to making our customers happy and satisfied with our services.