Hello and welcome back to Dallas Maids! Today we’re giving you some tips on how to clean your home before Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is so exciting and it’s so close! The scent of pumpkin pie and family gatherings are right around the corner.
However, at Dallas Maids, we love sharing what we know from house cleaning. That’s why we came up with some house cleaning tips for Thanksgiving in case you want to do it on your own. We want your guests to leave saying: “Thanks for the sparkling memories!”
Crafting a House Cleaning Calendar for Thanksgiving
First things first. Let’s whip up a schedule that is quick, easy and split your cleaning tasks into bite-sized portions. With this strategy, you will conquer the cleaning chaos without a sweat.
Here’s our recommendation: because you have very little time, pick two or three areas in your home that your guests will enjoy the most. Then, pick three tasks for each one of these areas and focus on them.
Start By Decluttering
Decluttering and transforming your space is the first step, just declutter everything you find out of place. Your guests will feel more at home when your home isn’t filled with random items everywhere.
You can set a 30-minute timer to declutter as much as you can and then move on to continue your cleaning checklist.
Navigating Through the Most Important Spots
Zoom in on the spots where your guests usually leave their marks: the dining area, the living room and the kitchen (and the backyard probably too).
Roll up your sleeves to get these areas spotless:
- Empty your fridge and make space for your Thanksgiving dishes.
- Deep clean your oven and your stovetop! Especially if you’re going to cook tomorrow.
- If possible, quickly wipe your countertops and cabinets and put away unnecessary items.
- The dining area is a very special place for Thanksgiving. Dust and polish any furniture, especially if you have wooden furniture.
- If you have time, iron out the linens. (Spritz some water beforehand).
- Make sure there’s room for everyone and add some fun Thanksgiving décor!
Related: Step by Step to a Clean Kitchen
- Make sure you vacuum your floors and your furniture. If you have pets, this is even more important. Depending on the type of fabric, you can spritz some water with a few drops of essential oil. This will absorb odors and give you a slight nice fragrance.
- Clean out your fireplace and make some room for your guests! Add some freshly washed throw blankets.
- Pro tip: clean ceiling fans, light fixtures, blinds and windowsills. This is the telling sign that your home hasn’t been cleaned in a while.
Related: How to Deep Clean Your Living Room
- If you have guests staying over, it’s important to keep your guest bedroom clean.
- Make your bed and fluff pillows. Open up a window and let some fresh air before your guests come over!
- Here’s a trick: clean your windows and your light fixtures to ensure your guests have plenty of light.
- Bring them a basket of toiletries and extra blankets. Leave some space in your closet to help your guests feel at home with their belongings.
Dallas Maids’ Thanksgiving House Cleaning Checklist
Here’s a simple, compact version of this house cleaning for Thanksgiving checklist! Feel free to print it out and keep it at hand or send it to your friends.
That’s all! We hope this little Thanksgiving cleaning checklist helps you with your home.
Again, make sure to check our cleaning service in Dallas or Frisco in case you need an emergency cleaning.
We wish you a very happy Thanksgiving and we can’t wait to return with more cleaning tips!